Warranty Terms and Conditions
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law:
- You as the customers are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
- You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- If the product is not of “acceptable quality”, exhibits any faults, defects or is otherwise not compliant to your rights under Australian Consumer Law, we are entitled to offer you a refund, replacement or repair on the goods.
- Variations in the colour or texture of the Meranti veneers and timber are not defined as 'defects'. Our timbers are not artificially processed and have natural colour and pattern variations.
- In the event that you change your mind for any reason, please refer to our Returns Policy for additional information.
- Returns are subject to Sky Door’s Terms and Conditions. To organise a return, please notify and initiate a return with Sky Doors within 7 calendar days of receipt of goods.
- Ensure the door is suitable for installation within 7 days of taking delivery of your order to ensure you can secure an exchange or refund if an installation issue arises.
- Sky Doors provides a minimum of two years warranty of all doors and five years warranty on select doors. Please refer to your packaging detail.
- All external/entrance doors must be installed in weather protected positions. A minimum of 1.5metre awning or roof cover is required for all external/entrance doors.
- Check with Sky Doors for trimming allowance and position of locks/bolts/handles if in doubt.
- The door must be stored flat in a dry area if the installation is not immediate.
- A minimum of 3 x 100mm hinges must be used to install solid construction doors. We recommend 4 hinges for doors over 45Kg in weight.
- Minimum of two coats of primer/sealer and two topcoats must be used to seal the entire door including the top and bottom edges. This is critical in preventing excessive moisture absorption or loss in the timber. Please refer to our finishing instructions.
- External doors or doors exposed directly to sunlight must be finished in light or reflective colours. Failure to do so may invalidate your warranty.
- Customers are responsible for inspecting and maintaining door finishes on a regular basis.
- Sky Doors will not be held responsible for charges of hanging or finishing arising out of replaced doors.
Lodging a Warranty Claim:
- Contact us through the website’s contact page, and provide a description and photographic evidence of the product’s defect, as well as purchase details.
- We will respond promptly and assess whether the product’s fault will need to be evaluated by our team.
- The product will be assessed and a solution will be swiftly arranged.
Keynotes of our Warranty Policy:
- All door products sold by Sky Doors include a minimum 2 years warranty.
- Warranty for accessories products is covered separately by accessories distributors.
- Major faults or defects in the product that arise in the product within this warranty period will entitle you to a refund replacement or store credit valued at the entirely of the purchase price including shipping.
- Replacement products will receive the remaining warranty period of the faulty product.
- In the unlikely circumstance that your product requires warranty service, it is your responsibility to ensure the appropriate packaging of the product to ensure safe shipping. The product is therefore at the customer’s risk when transiting back to our store. Keeping the original packaging is therefore strongly recommended.
- Proof of purchase such as an invoice, or Order Confirmation is required to lodge a warranty claim.
- Photographic evidence of product faults and defects are required for all warranty claims.
- If a warranty claim is successful and a refund, replacement or store credit is subsequently provided, the ownership of the faulty item will be relinquished to Sky Doors.
- Reimbursement to Sky Doors may be required if it is determined that the product is in fact, in good condition contrary to the customer’s claims and photographic image provided.
- Sky Doors is entitled to the full extent permitted by the law, to render the product’s warranty inapplicable:
- If the product has been installed, used and maintained contrary to the instructions and specifications provided to the customer and included with the product;
- If damage to the product has arisen due to unreasonable personal alterations, misuse, accidents, fire, natural disasters, excessive force, exposure to unreasonable hazards, working or weather conditions;
- To additional, third-party accessories such as door handles and hinges.
- To any products that have been taken outside Australia.
For information on Australian consumer laws, please visit the Australian Consumer Law website at http://www.consumerlaw.gov.au